Sunday, April 13, 2014

Poetry Spotlight - Crazy Cat Man

Bottom Feeder is pleased to spotlight our first poet, Crazy Cat Man.

Crazy Cat Man is a true Renaissance man with a depth of knowledge about every conceivable social issues facing this generation. His fame with the community on Writer's Cafe is well earned, with selections like 'I Love the Police', 'Why do You Want To Be A Hoe', 'Conversations End With Hello' and 'The Girl with the Butthole Tattoo'. We believe a prophetic voice like Crazy Cat Man's deserves a much bigger platform. His hard hitting piece 'Racism' is just one example of the eloquent, inspired social commentary of which he is capable, taking even the most complex, nuanced conflicts and making sense of them for us all with his illuminating poetic verse. Check it out after the jump.

Racism

So what if I'm Black 
Do you have a problem with that?
Then you can kiss my ass
So what if I'm Hispanic
You don't need to panic
Then you can suck my dick
So what if I'm Caucasian 
You don't like my skin complexion
Then you can lick my erection
So what if I'm Asian
You assume I know Karate
I don't but I'll shoot you, you see
So what if I'm Indian
You don't like my accent
Then you can eat my excrement
So what if I'm Arabic
You assume I'm a terrorist
Well you're full of shit
So what if I'm fat
Do you have a problem with that?
Then you can kiss my fat ass
So what if I'm skinny
You think I'm too bony
I think you're a phoney
So what if you think I'm weird
So you call me a queer
I tell you what I'll don't care
And I have no fear

This photograph was artfully included by Crazy Cat Man to further clarify his point. Displaying his depth and poetic versatility, he penned this Haiku...

Stop Staring At Me

Stop staring at me
Just because I have one leg
I am not a freak

You can read more from Crazy Cat Man at his Writer's Cafe page where you will find more wisdom by this talented artist. Here are just a few more excerpts to savor...

From 'Rebound'

Aww baby
did your boyfriend left you
Aww don't worry I'll be there for you
I will make things alright
Cuz I'm your rebound guy

From 'The Guyfriends Cockblock'

He is there to stalk
He doesn't care what you have to say
He just wants to stay in your way
In hopes he will get some play
But he doesn't know that he is getting played
He is her guyfriend

Hauntingly poignant was the poet's admonition in his signature work 'Letter to Keira Knightly' which goes...

Letter to Keira Knightly

Too many girls want to be super thin 
I don't want to make love to a stick 
So each girl must look from within 
Is your beauty worth dying for? 
You are starting to look like Skelator 
I hope you start eating some more

Thank you Crazy Cat Man. We need more artists like you to confront the injustices, the struggles of our time and guide us all into a more enlightened world, because as he says in 'Drama Never Ends'...

Drama Never Ends

You don't have to worry about life
You just give up and die
That's the only way drama will end
But as long as you are here
You just have to live with it
Deal with it. Bitch!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment